The Sales Training Manager will be responsible for developing and administering general sales training programs for account executives. Lead the development of new programs and activities that will enhance the skillsets of account executives in a “selling” role. Success in this role is measured by the ability to empower Shamir’s sales team to drive revenue.
- Under the VP of Sales, the Sales Training Manager will help identify, develop, and deliver targeted sales training programs and initiatives required to build a high performing sales force. Individual will coach and teach all aspects of consultative selling practices.
- The STM (Sales Training Manager) will collaborate with the leadership team to define business objectives (short and long-term sales training goals), strategies and tactics required to increase profitable markets.
- Incumbent will align sales training with company and business goals.
- Customize and design sales training curriculum to include communication, negotiation, and presentations skills.
- STM will coach sales team in identifying what is relevant to different audiences, how to apply specific process skills and opportunity as well as how to build strong customer partner relationships and loyalty.
- Incumbent will develop Best Practice sales workshops with a focus on organizational principles, sales and business development.
- Develop a sales training strategy for the team including an annual sales training plan.
- Create and conduct onboarding new hire sales training courses and ongoing learning/development selling programs for sales department. Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and sales techniques.
- Working with account executives individually to improve sales competence, sales confidence and enhance sales development to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proven sales experience.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills; strong negotiating skills; self-motivated with high energy level; ability to work effectively without close supervision; and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to develop and write curriculum
- 5+ years Sale Training Experience
- Familiar with selling cycles
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi task and balance priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate and deliver sales training programs in an effective manner
- Skills required included basic computer, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
Up to 80%- Willingness to travel overnight.