Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV is a new coating available from Shamir that provides a cutting-edge, glare reducing solution and truly helps to ReCreate Perfect Vision.
The Importance of Layers
• The Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV coating process has been developed to be specially Matched with each of Shamir’s Certified lens Materials.
• Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV provides improved cosmetics utilizing Shamir’s glare reducing Matte Finish Newton Ring Reduction Technology.
• Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV’s Hard Coat and SSGS+ Technology work collectively to provide a durable, “hard as ice” coating that provides superior scratch resistance and enables extended longevity of the coating.
• Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV’s unique Slippery Plus hydrophobic and oleophobic top layer ensures the easiest cleanability.
The Building Blocks Of Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV:
The basis of Shamir’s successful Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV coating is the Shamir Certified Blank*. We run our certified blanks through a comprehensive validation process, allowing us to develop a premium coating based on the properties and characteristics of those substrates.
Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV features a durable and tough surface. By understanding and defining the components for a cohesive bond with Shamir’s specific materials, a unique Material Match HC process has been developed for Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV.
A process has been defined of applying not only a specific Hard Coat to Shamir materials, but the AR stack has also been developed as a precise “recipe” based on the Material.
(SSGS+ Technology: Scratch, Static, Glare, Slippery)
Enhancing visual comfort and style
Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV diminishes cosmetic issues for patients; dramatically reducing glare with Shamir’s innovative Matte Finish as well as minimizing “Rainbows” with the Newton Ring Reduction Technology.
Matte Finish APPEARANCE
Provides dramatically reduced cosmetic glare on the lens and reduces visual glare for the wearer, providing a crisp, clear visual experience while still allowing for a super slippery hydro/oleophobic surface.
Newton Ring Reduction TECHNOLOGY
“Rainbows” are visually predominant in coatings whose substrate is not accurately matched with the properties of both the Hard Coat and AR coating applied.
Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV’s Material Match process ensures dramatically reduced Newton Rings (birefringence), providing an added cosmetic benefit for the patient.
EXAMPLE OF NEWTON RINGS ON LENS
SLIPPERY PLUS = EASIER CLEAN
Improved water and stain resistance
Designed with a Slippery PLUS hydro and oleophobic surface, liquids glide off Shamir Glacier PLUS™ UV’s surface much like an object slides along a stretch of ice. This means lenses require less cleaning, which results in a longer lasting coating.
A new concept in comprehensive UV protection
Shamir Glacier Plus UV offers a new concept in UV protection. Even lenses that claim 100% UV blocking, do not protect the eyes from the UV reflection that reaches the eyes from the rear surface of the lens. The new Glacier Plus UV coating includes extra UV protection that prevents the harmful rays from being reflected into the eyes.
That’s comprehensive UV protection!
REFLECTION FROM REAR LENS SURFACE TO THE EYE
• Improved scratch resistance protects your lenses when it comes to your daily activities.
• Lenses are easy and effortless to clean.
• Enhanced anti-static properties repel dust.
• Protects your eyes with backside UV protection.
• Dramatically reduces annoying “rainbows”, for a clear view of your eyes.
• Reduces “visual glare” for a safer driving experience, especially at night.
• Prevents distracting “cosmetic glare” when someone is looking at you.
Available on all Shamir Freeform® lenses in the following materials:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="tRE7ggh4G-5qeGVsprBMmBOSaprl1OmvuFiTVwaTjso" />