The legal assistant will be tasked with a variety of duties to support legal initiatives, including drafting documents, conducting legal research, and maintaining and organizing files. This person will use innovative technology including computer software for organizing and managing the data and documents collected. This person will also be responsible for using electronic database management, such as websites, accounting resident databases, documents, and emails.
Legal Assistant Job Duties:
- Keeps agreements organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and/or file management software.
- Keeps customers informed by maintaining contact; communicating contract progress.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems.
- Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as contracts.
- Call customers, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and assist in document explanations.
- Organize, analyze, and compile information.
- Collect and record exhibits.
- Develop written statements.
- Draft legal arguments.
- Draft separation agreements, mortgages, and contracts.
- Search legal records collected in computer databases.
- Assist with the preparation for corporate meetings.
Legal Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Reporting Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Litigation, Customer Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability
- Two+ years of college
- Legal Assistant diploma or certification a plus
- 3+ years’ experience
- Familiarity with laws, legal procedures and protocols
- Working knowledge of file transfer software (DocuSign)
* Candidate must live within the territory