Under general supervision, the Inventory Control Specialist will maintain accurate inventory counts and maintain appropriate inventory flow between external sources, the warehouse, receiving inspection, and shipping. The Inventory Control Specialist follows the direction of the Warehouse Manager but is also expected to collaborate with Technical, Finance, Customer Service, Sales, IS/IT and Vendors to meet the business goals.
- Maintains accurate inventory counts by supporting physical inventories, performing cycle counts, and transacting items in ERP (issued, received, transfers, etc.) as well as within courier sites (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Maintains an orderly warehouse by moving items from/ to the appropriate inventory location, following housekeeping rules and promoting 5S systems.
- Ships/ Receives/ Returns items by performing the needed ERP transactions, packaging/ unpacking items, creating labels, and generating the needed documentation as required by our internal policies, export control, customer requirements, etc.
- Prepares and delivers production kits by following pick lists and production plans to deliver it to production areas.
- Adheres to company rules and regulations such as attendance, personal conduct, safety, housekeeping, etc.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Two to three years of experience in a low-volume high mix logistics, shipping and receiving environment.
- Previous experience with bar code systems, air bills, export documents, packaging slips and packaging methods.
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel. MS Outlook
- Experience in Cycle Counting and ERP transactions
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Must be flexible to work OT and weekends as needed.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Two-year college degree or an equivalent work experience
- Have worked with small electrical or optical components
- Understanding of KPIs
- Understanding of demand and supply concepts
- Must successfully pass both criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- FOR US CITIZENS - Must have original copy of US birth certificate and Photographic ID (Driver's or Identification) ORValid Passport OR Certificate of Naturalization
- FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS - Permanent Resident Card/Green Card.