SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Under the Direction of the VP of Sales, and in collaboration with members of the Education Team, Account Executives, Sales Management and Marketing; create education programs, content, and marketing pieces that are ECP, AE, lab facing for the promotion of Shamir Branded and Private Label Products.
- The Education Content Creator may join in delivering Education content, programs, to Partnering Laboratories, Account Executives and Eye Care Professionals either onsite, webinar, seminars, industry events or at company facilities to enhance the awareness of SII products, services and education events.
- Create standardized and custom training programs for delivery to specific accounts, industry events, or for the development of individual Account Executives or the Sales and Education Team.
- Primarily responsible for the update and to maintain current all education program content, including Initial Sales Training, Share File, Champion Programs, and Education Portals. Make recommendation of additional training product/service offerings.
- Exercises function/project leadership over assigned tasks, including obtaining Education Team, AE, and Sales Management feedback on all. Develop and maintain communication in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of SII staff and customers by communicating openly, honestly and constructively; treat all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy; taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
- Work as directed and as necessary with Account Executives (to participate in ride-along) under the direction of Sales Management and other Education Team members.
- Will work with the other Education Team members and AE’s to update and develop relevant ABO and training programs.
- Director of Education will travel up to 50% and must be willing to travel overnight.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of wholesale optical industry and proven sales and education experience in delivering offerings to the ECP in the optical industry. Previous experience maintaining and developing Education materials and content and programs highly desired.
- Must be extremely organized and self-directed.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills; self-motivated with high energy level; ability to work effectively without close supervision; and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain current Technical ABO credentials.
- Maintains awareness of developments in the field of expertise to ensure skill set and knowledge base remain current.
- Skills required included basic computer, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
The position requires occasional lifting, pulling or pushing of objects less than 25 pounds. Bending, kneeling and carrying are required. Equipment typically used: Computer, copier, fax, printer, telephone and transportation.