The Customer Support Manager’s (CSM) role is to ensure business customers receive outstanding support and all their needs are met. This may involve creating customer support policies and procedures for staff to adhere to, training and observing employees and assisting unsatisfied customers. The CSM will oversee the customer support department’s day-to-day functions.
The CSM ensures the help desk team uses the required tools and software to identify, document, track and resolve reported problems. Manages a team of support personnel who troubleshoot and resolve order fulfillment and lens design related issues. LMS development and interface expectations are listed below. As a CSM one would develop the help desk staff, oversee administrative tasks, including literature management, fulfillment and manage the Quality Assurance Support Lab. Plans, prioritizes and schedule help desk activities to ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time.
In addition, the CSM develops process improvements to optimize service and staff performance. May maintain help desk software and make recommendations for new systems.
Works closely with other departments to ensure sales report data is received accurately from the Customers and in a timely manner. Ensures that project and department milestones/goals are met and adheres to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes
Working as a CSM typically requires 3 to 5 years of experience related to support services and management experience. The CSM also provides key account support as may be required. The CSM will be called upon to assist in other business develop projects as needed. She/he will participate in a Leadership development process.
Lab Management System (LMS) development and interface expectations:
- Manages support aspects as front-line contact to LMS suppliers
- Work closely with all effected departments including Technical, Finance, IS/IT, Sales & Marketing
- Assist collecting Customer reports needed for monthly reconciliation process
- Provide periodic updates to Executives
- Contributes to business solutions and proposals to expedite the flow of sales information
Customer Support Manager Skills:
Customer Support Managers should possess fantastic interpersonal skills and be strong leaders. Staying calm under pressure and maintaining a professional attitude are also important. The CSM should also be an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
Core skills and Credentials: We are looking for a Customer Support Manager with these core skills:
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Understanding of customer service practices
- Experience with mediation, troubleshooting and conflict resolution techniques
- Analyzing data
- Business to business background
- B.S. degree or equivalent
- Optical industry experience is a Plus
* Candidate must live within the territory