SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of tasks related to the operation of Shamir Insight, Inc. warehouse. The essential functions of this job include:
- Perform a variety of shipping tasks including invoicing, picking and packing of orders.
- Stock shelves with product.
- Inspect products and process returns of defective product or otherwise authorized returns.
- Suggests improvements to shipping/inventory procedures and acts to improve timeliness or reduce costs.
- Respond to customer calls regarding ordering, back orders, and shipments in a courteous, prompt and professional manner.
- Counting of physical inventory.
- Various administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Develop and maintain communication in a cooperative, courteous and professional manner with all levels of SII staff and customers by communicating openly, honestly and constructively; treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy; taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of various computer software packages to effectively operate Word, Excel, e-mail programs and various online shipping systems.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. It is company policy that any package over 20 pounds should be lifted using team lifting.
- Ability to remain organized in a fast paced environment where a broad range of tasks may be required. Must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment.
This position requires lifting, pulling and pushing of objects in excess of 50 pounds. Bending and kneeling are daily requirements as well as the ability to go up and down a ladder. Standing for long periods of time may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 /hour